American Translators Association, 54th Annual Conference
San Antonio, TX
Friday November 8th, 5:09 p.m. - 5:59 p.m.
Division officers present: Masae Sullivan, Jim Patrick, Hiroki Fukuyama
Division members present: ~ 25 members including 13 newcomers
- Meeting called to order at 5:09 p.m. (DA Masae Suillivan)
- Meeting Minutes from 2012
◦ It was reported that the minutes of the JLD Annual Meeting from 2012 were posted on the JLD Times Blog
◦ 2012 minutes were accepted
- 2013 Annual Meeting agenda introduced
◦ Welcome of members and first time attendees/new members
▪ New members were asked to introduce themselves (roughly 13 newcomers)
◦ Remaining JLD events for the conference
- 2013 Division Election Results announced
◦ Jim Patrick (new DA), and Nadine Edwards (new assistant DA)
◦ Present DA thanked nominating committee: Jon Johanning and Richard Mott
Meeting turned over to new DA
◦ Past DA gave her remarks and thanks and encouraged all members to get involved
◦ Present DA
▪ Thanks to past Division officers Masae Suillivan and Hiroki Fukuyama for all their hard work.
▪ Recognized founding administrator Mr. John Bukacek who was also in attendance.
▪ Wants to focus on the JLD Times Blog this year. Encouraged members to participate.
▪ Thank you to those who have volunteered – introducing speakers and providing summaries.
▪ Recognized and thanked editorial committee lead by Tracy Miller.
- Overview of 2013 by present DA:
◦ Annual meeting moved from session to special event.
◦ Certification workshop brought back on request.
◦ Revival of the JLD Times as a blog.
▪ The JLD is also on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- New DA asked for Volunteers for editorial committee.
- Request for Feedback 5:34
- Encouraged members to send feedback to ATA.
- 5:39 p.m Called for Volunteers, ideas for presentations and further comments.
- 5:59 Meeting adjourned.
Volunteers for Various Committees
Bruce Morita (new volunteer)
Tracy Miller (editor)
“Entertainment Committee” (Annual Dinner 2014 at ATA 55, Chicago)