We are pleased to announce Prof. Jay Rubin will be our Division Guest Speaker this year. You can find his bio here. And here are some of the other JLD sessions at the conference.
The early bird deadline for the conference is this Friday, September 23. The standard registration period ends October 14. If you are planning to be there, don't wait.
ENJOY THE CONFERENCE
Newcomers’ Lunch – Thursday, November 3; 12:30pm
- An informal lunch for JLD members new and old! Talk to Mochi or Nadine for details. Meet in the lobby by 12:30pm. We may split into groups.
Annual Meeting – Friday, November 4; 4:45pm to 5:45pm
- Review division business and begin plans for next year. The 2015 minutes are available here [PDF]. Check back here or the JLD Website for the proposed agenda coming out soon.
Annual Dinner – Friday, November 4; from 7pm to 9pm at Chinatown Restaurant (744 Washington Street).
- Go to the event site and RSVP by October 26.
If you are planning to participate in this year's Japanese<>English Certification Workshop (J-5), please obtain and translate the appropriate practice passage in advance. It is vital that translations be completed in advance in order to receive full benefit from the workshop. The workshop will break into two groups: J>E and E>J. You may only participate in one group.
Note that the presenters will discuss the major changes to the testing format for this year and next year.
J>E passages from and questions to David Newby**
dave [at] eigo [dot] us
E>J passages from Miyo Tat**
miyot [at] comcast [dot] net
** Please replace the words in brackets with the appropriate symbols
Share your knowledge and interests. If you want to get more involved in the JLD, please contact the JLD Administrator Nadine Edwards or Assistant Administrator Yoshihiro Mochizuki.
- We need volunteers to introduce presenters at the JLD sessions this year.
- We want to post summaries of each JLD session on the blog. Can you help?
- Do you have any ideas for future sessions? Tell us what you would like to see.
- Contact Nadine or Mochi if you want to help with any of the committees.
- We are still looking for a Secretary and a Social Media Coordinator. Contact Nadine or Mochi if you want to help.